Peer Tutors can help you achieve your academic goals in a specific class. Peer Tutors can help you understand assignments, explain the key concepts of course materials, offer feedback and encouragement, and share appropriate resources. Tutoring sessions are individual, weekly, and one-hour long.
Peer Tutors have excelled in their coursework, been nominated by their professors, and have been trained through the Academic Resource Center’s Peer Tutor curriculum.
We currently offer Peer Tutoring in the following areas:
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Earth Sciences & Environmental Studies
- English Language Learning
- World Languages
If you are looking for a tutor for a different class, ask your professor! Many academic departments have tutoring opportunities and other resources to assist students in their coursework.
Request a Peer Tutor
- Create a ClockWork account if you do not already have one. Once you have completed this, a member of the Academic Resource Center will need to complete the intake within 1 business day.
- Once the intake is complete, you will be able to search for tutors that match your needs by selecting Online Tutoring in the ClockWork Main Menu. When requesting a tutor, please ignore the Course search bar and only use the Keyword search bar. When using the Keyword search bar, please use general terminology, such as “biology,” “chemistry,” “psychology,” etc. Do not use specific course names and numbers.
- Please refer to our Guide to Requesting a Peer Tutor with ClockWork for a detailed explanation of this process.
If you have questions about the Peer Tutor program or are interested in becoming a Peer Tutor, contact the Academic Resource Center.
“My tutor was great! It really helped me to ask questions and have her quiz me. She was easy to work with and very intelligent in the material.” (peer tutor survey, May 2015)
“I was able to go from a C to an A with the help of [my tutor]. He’s great at explaining and giving helpful exam tips.”
(peer tutor survey, Dec. 2013)
*If this is your first time scheduling with us, select Register Here, then select Online Tutoring.