Academic Resource Center
Whether you are a straight-A student or a student experiencing academic difficulty, the Academic Resource Center (ARC) staff welcomes you. Our commitment is to focus on students’ individual needs and goals through developing personalized strategies to learn and study effectively at the College of Wooster. The ARC staff don’t just help you graduate, we want you to develop enduring skills that will achieve your goals on your next exam, during the next semester, and in your lifetime of endeavors beyond graduation.
We aim to empower all students to be intentional and fully engaged in their unique academic experiences. In fact, the ARC supported 955 individual students last year—that’s 50% of the student body!
ARC Services Overview
The Academic Resource Center is one of seven offices that make up the APEX department, located within the lower level of the Andrews Gault Library. Any College of Wooster student is welcome to use our services and to schedule a meeting with our staff during our operating hours, 8:00 am through 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
The Academic Resource Center offers the following services to all College of Wooster students:
- Academic Life Coaching
- Work with an academic coach to develop academic assets and increase pathways for achieving academic growth.
- Academic Skill Development
- Develop personalized strategies for college-ready learning, reading, time management, note-taking, test-preparation, senior Independent Study planning, and more.
- Disability Support Services
- Apply for and learn how to maintain individual academic, housing, and dining accommodation services that are designed to create an accessible and inclusive campus community.
- English Language Learning
- Schedule one-on-one meetings and discover courses for support in the development of English writing, reading, listening, and speaking skills.
- Peer Tutoring
- Schedule meetings to receive individual assistance in a variety of introductory courses from a trained Peer Tutor who has excelled in those courses.
- Programming, Workshops, and Events
- Discover events and courses related to our various services to learn valuable skills and become equipped for academic success.
*If this is your first time scheduling with us, select Register Here, then select Schedule an appointment.