Thank you for considering The College of Wooster in your search.
About The College of Wooster:
Wooster offers an excellent, comprehensive liberal arts education, culminating in a rigorous senior project, in which each student works one-on-one with a faculty mentor to conceive, organize and complete a significant research project on a topic of the student’s own choosing. Through this distinctive program, every Wooster student develops abilities valued by employers and graduate schools alike: independent judgment, analytical ability, creativity, project-management and time-management skills, and strong written and oral communication skills. Founded in 1866, the college enrolls approximately 2,000 students.
The College offers a comprehensive benefits program that includes: Health, Dental, Retirement, and Tuition Remission.
Assist the Executive Director and Business and Box Office Manager with the duties of Ohio Light Opera.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help the Box Office Manager organize the office for ticket sales in January.
- Assist with mailing to groups and patrons before the ticket office opens.
- Help to cross-reference the current mailing list with the orders taken the previous season, to keep the mailing list/Spektrix up-to-date for the bulk mailing in January. Ongoing.
- Take ticket orders by either mail, phone, or in person.
- Assign seats for each order.
- Process payment for each order, either by cash, check or credit card.
- Mail out ticket orders/organizes orders in Will Call.
- Familiar with PC/Apple computers, Microsoft Office
- Be trained in Spektrix, ticket sales and data software
- Help with the mailings to patrons and artists.
- Answer phone calls for general questions and ticket orders.
- Help organize and process early ticket orders.
- Assist the Executive Director with general office duties.
- Inventory existing scores for next season’s shows.
- Determine the condition for scores and decides how many additional scores are needed for company members. Number, stamp and record all new scores.
- Assign and mail scores and study tapes to Company members starting in late February, early March.
- Keep a cross reference of score assignments for bookkeeping purposes.
- Must be a student at the College of Wooster
- General office skills
- Enjoy working with the public
- Must be organized and dependable
- Familiar with PC/Apple computers
- Must be willing to work with different types of music
- Should have some knowledge about music and theater
- Comfortable on the phone and speaking with patrons
- Must be willing to learn
The College of Wooster does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, political affiliation, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, disability, age, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy, or by state, local, or federal law. All offers of employment are subject to verification of the legal right to work in the United States as required by federal law. The College of Wooster is committed by policy and practice to diversity, equity and inclusion. For more information see our nondiscrimination policy.
For highest consideration please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of 3 professional references whichincludes name, telephone number and email address.