The student intern will be responsible for assisting the Director, Assistant Director, and the Coordinator in the International Student Services branch of the CDI. They will be responsible for assisting with daily tasks as listed below, possibly taking on primary roles in long-term projects associated with this branch.
Duties and Responsibilities (may include the following, but not be limited to):
- Make office deliveries on campus
- Data entry (Excel, Access, open-ended text etc.)
- Photocopy, scan, assist with projects, organize ISS forms holder and bulletin boards
- Help plan, design, and implement publicity and outreach for ISS (posters/flyers, other print media, bulletin boards, announcements, Facebook, Instagram and other social media)
- Assist with preparations for workshops and trainings
- Regularly creating and maintaining spreadsheets and data in Excel
- Perform general receptionist duties when ISS staff is out
- Keep student desk organized and neat
- Assist with setup for ISS and possibly other CDI events
- Assist with ISS programming and event planning (including but not limited to IPP, FIS and IEW)
- Perform other duties assigned
- Meeting bi-weekly with the Assistant Director to go over tasks and responsibilities for the week
- Learning and utilizing data software call Perceptive Content to scan legal documents containing student information.
Working Conditions/Job Hazards
- Indoor work environment
- Office setting work environment with potential to work remotely on-campus.
- Must have your own laptop to use for office work.
- At times, this position may also involve physical exertion to lift or move objects over 40 lbs. It also often involves exertion vis-à-vis walking, helping to set up events/equipment.
- Must be able to move across campus.
- Must be a student at the College of Wooster?
- Candidates must have a minimum term GPA of 2.5 and be in good academic and judicial standing with the College at the time of application as well as at the end of the semester.
- Ability to take initiative to accomplish tasks
- Interest in working with international students and individuals of different cultures and backgrounds
- Sensitivity to and interest in issues of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Reliable, responsible, confident, flexible, and willing to help
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Web, Publisher, Canva, general layout skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional office demeanor
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Ability to follow directions, ask clarifying questions, and know when and how to work
- Interest in the activities and initiatives of The Center for Diversity and Inclusion and branches.
- International Student Services
- Multicultural Student Affairs
- Religious & Spiritual Life
- Sexuality & Gender Inclusion
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Good self-knowledge of capacity for work and ability to take on large responsibility
- Acknowledge and comply with all departmental SOP, safety, and college requirements.
- Strong professional ethics and discretion with an attitude of respect for all employed at CoW.
- Commitment to CoW’s mission, vision and values and demonstrated ability to create and sustain an organizational climate based on inclusion, social justice, and equity.
The College of Wooster does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, political affiliation, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, disability, age, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy, or by state, local, or federal law. All offers of employment are subject to verification of the legal right to work in the United States as required by federal law. The College of Wooster is committed by policy and practice to diversity, equity and inclusion. For more information see our nondiscrimination policy.
For highest consideration please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of 3 professional references which includes name, telephone number and email address.