Thank you for considering The College of Wooster in your search.
About The College of Wooster:
Wooster offers an excellent, comprehensive liberal arts education, culminating in a rigorous senior project, in which each student works one-on-one with a faculty mentor to conceive, organize and complete a significant research project on a topic of the student’s own choosing. Through this distinctive program, every Wooster student develops abilities valued by employers and graduate schools alike: independent judgment, analytical ability, creativity, project-management and time-management skills, and strong written and oral communication skills. Founded in 1866, the college enrolls approximately 2,000 students.
The College offers a comprehensive benefits program that includes: Health, Dental, Retirement, and Tuition Remission.
The Nursery School Student Assistant will assist the teachers caring for preschool children 3-5 years in a classroom setting. The assistant will support the teachers by assisting in a wide range of tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with preschool children age 3-5
- Assist teacher and director with general tasks
- Curriculum prep (including cutting, copying, etc. )
- End of day clean-up / set-up tasks
- Must be a current student at The College of Wooster.
- Must successfully complete a background check as part of the preemployment screening process
- Dependability and willingness to work regularly-scheduled hour
- Some availability during lunchtime hours 11:00am – 1:00pm and/or end of class session 3:00pm – 4:00pm is preferred
- Previous experience with children is a plus
The College of Wooster does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, political affiliation, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, disability, age, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy, or by state, local, or federal law. All offers of employment are subject to verification of the legal right to work in the United States as required by federal law. The College of Wooster is committed by policy and practice to diversity, equity and inclusion. For more information see our nondiscrimination policy.
Please reach out to the hiring department with any job related questions.