Thank you for considering The College of Wooster in your search.
About The College of Wooster:
Wooster offers an excellent, comprehensive liberal arts education, culminating in a rigorous senior project, in which each student works one-on-one with a faculty mentor to conceive, organize and complete a significant research project on a topic of the student’s own choosing. Through this distinctive program, every Wooster student develops abilities valued by employers and graduate schools alike: independent judgment, analytical ability, creativity, project-management and time-management skills, and strong written and oral communication skills. Founded in 1866, the college enrolls approximately 2,000 students.
The College offers a comprehensive benefits program that includes: Health, Dental, Retirement, and Tuition Remission.
America’s Premier Lyric Theater Company, Ohio Light Opera, Resident Professional Company of the College of Wooster, is seeking house managers. This position requires availability on weekdays, evenings and weekends, as scheduled for performances and special events. The right candidate will have experience in the following areas, House Management, Hospitality or Production. Patron satisfaction a high priority. The individual(s) filling this role will be an employee of the College of Wooster in Wooster, Ohio with a start date of May 16, 2022 through August 1, 2022 This is a temporary, seasonal position paid at an hourly rate, with residence hall housing provided on the campus of the College of Wooster.
Duties and Responsibilities (may include the following, but will not be limited to):
- Training and supervising, with the executive director support, a large, diverse group of volunteer ushers, including managing the scheduling of the usher team for a minimum of 40 performances.
- Managing both evening and matinee performances.
- Working in cooperation with several Ohio Light Opera departments including production, box office, art, and administration.
- Overseeing concessions and inventory, work with office manager on deposits, planning opening night reception. Working with local vendors/businesses.
- Maintaining and enforcing policies and procedures for audience development best practices.
- Patron communications.
- A proven commitment to delivering customer service at the very highest standard.
- Ability to problem-solve and improvise on the go.
- Ability to balance operating quickly and efficiently with periodic lulls.
- A proven ability to work with a diverse range of seasonal staff, volunteers, and an intergenerational audience base.
- Evidence of positive disposition, maturity, drive, and enthusiasm.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Appreciation of the performing arts, especially lyric theater (operetta and musical comedy), a plus.
The College of Wooster does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, political affiliation, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, disability, age, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy, or by state, local, or federal law. All offers of employment are subject to verification of the legal right to work in the United States as required by federal law. The College of Wooster is committed by policy and practice to diversity, equity and inclusion. For more information on our nondiscrimination policy visit: https://www.wooster.edu/info/nondiscrimination
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The College of Wooster is an equal opportunity employer. The College of Wooster (Ohio Light Opera) offers a diverse, congenial, business casual environment conducive to professional growth.
- Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and a resume without delay. Ohio Light Opera will contact candidates of interest.
- Our season starts on June 18, 2022 – looking to hire for a start date of May 16, 2022.
- Email submissions only to Laura Neill, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send only PDF files with the subject “HOUSE MANAGER APPLICATION” Only complete submissions will be considered.