What is OneDrive?
OneDrive is Microsoft’s service for hosting files in the “cloud” (much like Google Drive or Dropbox). As part of your Office 365 account provided by the college, OneDrive for Business lets you update and share your files from anywhere and work on Office documents with others at the same time.
Who Can Access my Files?
- The files stored in the OneDrive can be kept private or can be shared with others.
- You can grant view-only or edit sharing access.
- You can generate a “Share” link for “People in the College of Wooster with the link” to use or you can select specific names or email addresses of individuals.
- Placing a file in a folder with the “People in the College of Wooster with the link” access gives access to files inside that folder to anybody with a @wooster.edu email address.
- 2 TB of storage space on the cloud per person
- Ability to sync files across devices and to access them from anywhere, online or offline
- Files online are automatically saved as you edit them online
- Files can be created on a variety of programs online as part of the Office 365 suite including: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote
- As part of the College of Wooster email system, a built-in directory of all Wooster email addresses makes sharing even easier
To Access OneDrive online:
OneDrive can be found in the online Office 365 application.
- Log in to Office 365 (visit email.wooster.edu and log in with your College username and password).
- Click on the app switcher (waffle icon) and select OneDrive from the list.
To Access OneDrive on your device using the OneDrive App:
Users can access and sync files via desktop or mobile device by installing a desktop application onto their computer or a mobile app on their mobile device. The app will allow the user to access the information stored/shared in OneDrive without the use of an internet browser. Installation is quick and simple.
The software is available online at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/onedrive/download.
Visit our OneDrive App article for more information.