ISSUE 1: Papercut cannot install due to security issues
What you are experiencing – The Papercut client can’t even get to the installation window, and a dropdown box tells you that your computer’s security settings stopped the program.
Issue – Apple has default security restrictions to prevent unknown applications from installing.
Resolution – Reinstall the Application.
- Select the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the screen
- Select System Preferences
- Select Security and Privacy
- Click the lock to unlock the settings and login with the appropriate password
- Under the option “Allow apps downloaded from:”, select Anywhere.
- Click the lock to confirm that you want to make these changes.
- Try to install Papercut again.
ISSUE 2: Papercut unable to print from off campus
What you are experiencing – Papercut is continuously popping up the error that it cannot connect when you are off campus.
Issue – Papercut is trying to connect when you are off campus, and you are running an old version of the program that is not able to do this.
Resolution – Please download and run installer again. It will automatically install the latest version of Papercut on your machine.
ISSUE 3: Papercut installed, but the printers did not
What you are experiencing — Papercut finished it’s installation, but when you go to print, there are no options to print to the student printing queue.
Issue — Papercut actually quit the installation because you did not have the newest Xerox printing drivers on your computer.
Resolution — Download the Xerox printing drivers and begin the installation process again.
- When the installer detects that you do not have the correct printer drivers, it will automatically load up the Xerox Printer Driver homepage in your web browser.
- Download the latest Printer Driver from the Xerox Homepage.
- Open your Downloads folder and install the newly-downloaded Printer Driver.
- Once the Printer Driver has been installed, restart the installation of the Papercut client.
- The Papercut client should now install properly.
ISSUE 1: Papercut’s popups don’t work
What you are experiencing – The client appeared to install, but the popups are not working and you cannot print
Issue – The client needs to be installed with administrator permissions
Resolution – Install the client by running the installer as administrator
- Open PaperCut Installers and Instructions in a browser.
- Choose the appropriate installer and click to download.
- Enter your Wooster username and password.
- Choose save file. Save the file to your downloads folder.
- Navigate to your downloads folder.
- Locate the Papercut client. It should be named PapercutFacStaff.cmd.
- Right-click on the file and choose “Run As Administrator”.
- Follow the prompts to install the program again.