The College of Wooster has a network license that allows students to install and use Maple on their personal computers while at the College, or while connected to the College over the Virtual Private Network. Follow these instructions to install the Maple 18 or Maple 2015 software.
Downloading the Software
- Software Downloads
- You will be prompted to enter your Wooster user name and password. If you are using Firefox, select the “Save to disk” option. If you are using Safari, the download will begin automatically.
- You will now have a file named Maple2015.1MacInstaller.dmg.zip or Maple18MacInstaller.dmg.zip on your desktop. Double click this file to unzip the package installer.
- Double click the package installer (Maple2015.1MacInstaller.app or Maple18MacInstaller.app) to being the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. You will be prompted for your computer password before the installation begins.
- In the Choose The Type of Licensing screen, select Network License .
- When prompted, enter license.wooster.edu of the license server.
- You might receive an alert asking if you want to activate your Maple installation. Choose NO.
- If you receive the following Maplesoft Activation message, just click OK and proceed:
Ask your professor or TA if you have any Maple-specific questions or consult the Maplesoft Documentation Center.