Students Creating a Voices Account and a Blog
- Go to http://voices.wooster.edu/
- Click the “Register” link in the upper left corner on the toolbar.
- Fill in the following information:
- Username: This will be your username for the voices.wooster.edu blogging site. It does not need to be the same as your Wooster username. In fact, we encourage students to select a different username than their College username.
- Email Address: This must be your @wooster.edu email address
- Password: This will be your password for the voices.wooster.edu blogging site. It will not sync with your Wooster password and will not change when you change your Wooster password.
- Name: Your Name
- Dept/Major: These are optional
- Yes I’d like to create a new blog: Select this button if you would like a blog.
- Site Domain: The text you type in this box will be the* *Blog URL followed by “voices.wooster.edu” to act as the web address for your blog. For example, if “myfirstyear” were typed into this box, the address for your blog would be http://myfirstyear.voices.wooster.edu.
- Site Title: This is the name of your blog and will be displayed at the top of your blog pages. It can be changed later along with a tagline.
- Privacy: I would like my site to appear in search engines, and in public listings around this site: It’s a good idea to have search engines index your blog. This helps protect you by archiving your work in case of a severe issue with your blog occurs. If privacy is a must, then check “No”.
- Select a template: As a student, you should choose either the Blog or Website template.
- Once you have completed these steps, click “Complete Sign Up.”
An email will be sent to your Wooster email account with a link to activate your Voices account. Follow the link and then click “Log in” from the navigation bar at the top of the screen.
Visit the Blogging for Teaching confluence article for help with:
- the Navigation Bar
- the Dashboard
- Adding a New Post
- Joining a Group
- Backing up your blog
- Customizing the look of your blog
Support videos are available on voices.wooster.edu that will show you how to use many features of the WordPress platform. At your Dashboard, click Video Tutorials in the left sidebar to see tutorial options.