Final Cut Express (FCE) is a powerful video editing software produced by Apple Inc.
FCE Main Window
Capturing is the process of transferring footage from your original tapes to media files on the computer hard disk. In Final Cut Express, there are two approaches to capturing:
- Capture individual clips: Using this method, you watch your tape in the Capture window, define a clip by setting In and Out points, and then capture the media for theclip.
- Capture entire tapes: You can capture an entire tape to a single media file on disk, and then create subclips to define more manageable regions for organizing and editing.
Import a File
Create a Green Screen Clip
In FCE, you can create “green screen” clips with other colors such as blue or pink.
- Import your background image or video and your green screen footage.
- Drag the back ground to the first video track (v1) in the timeline. Then drag the green screen footage to the second video track (v2) located above the first rack.
- Move the cursor above both tracks.
- Click “Filters” in the Canvas pane.
- Click “Effects,” “Video Filters,” “Keys,” and finally “Chroma Key.”
- Click the eye dropper button, then click in an era of green from your green screen footage to select the green color you would like to key out or remove. This may not remove all of the green.
- To remove more green, use the sliders on the hue selector to select more or less shades of green to remove.
- Adjust the Saturation and the Luma to further key out specific hues.
- Your subject may have a thin green line around it. This can be minimized by moving the “Edge Thin” slider to the right
- Green Screen in Final Cut ExpressMaking a green screen
- Using the Chroma Keyer Part 1Using the Chroma Keyer Part 2
Export a Movie
There are two methods to export a movie in FCE. The first quickly and simply creates a Quicktime movie file (.mov). The second method offers some customizability.
Once you have finished setting the individual settings for the Quicktime conversion, click, “Save” and your movie will be created.