The Phi Beta Kappa Initiation Ceremony will be held Saturday, May 14th from 2:00-3:00 p.m. in McGaw Chapel.
Elected students should have received an email invitation from Kappa of Ohio President Emily Armour. Students must attend the induction ceremony in order to be inducted as members. If students are unable to be present for this year’s induction, they will have the opportunity to participate in any subsequent year during Commencement weekend.
Before the Induction Ceremony
Inductees must register with the national PBK organization and pay a one-time initiation fee to cover national organization registration and local chapter fees.
Day of the Induction Ceremony
- Inductees should arrive to McGaw Chapel by 1:30p.m. for instructions. Ushers will guide you to your seat.
- The ceremony consists of a brief history of the society and chapter followed by each inductee signing the chapter roll book and receiving a membership certificate.
- In keeping with the character of the event, we ask that students dress reasonably formally for the ceremony.
- A reception will follow in Freedlander Lobby.
- Your family is invited to attend the ceremony and reception.
Please pick up your Phi Beta Kappa cord from the post office. You do not need your cord for the Initiation Ceremony; however, please wear it with your cap and gown.