Apostilles authenticate the seals and signatures on documents so that they can be recognized in foreign countries that are members of the 1961 Hague Convention. Wooster can help gather materials to add an apostille to a diploma.
In order to process your request and submit it to the Ohio Secretary of State,
- A $40 fee for a new diploma. Check payable to “The College of Wooster” in U.S. funds.
- A completed Diploma Request Form
The Ohio Secretary of State requires:
- A $5 per authentication fee. Check or money order payable to “Ohio Secretary of State” in U.S. funds.
- Name of the country where the document(s) will be used filled in on the State Apostille Cover Sheet .
- Enclosed prepaid overnight delivery label and/or self-addressed stamped envelope for return of documents.
Mail all the above items to:
The College of Wooster
1189 Beall Ave.
Wooster, OH 44691
When we have received all materials, we will prepare the diploma, have it notarized, and then mail it to the state government office for the apostille. The State of Ohio will then send the completed documents directly to you in the prepaid envelope you provided.
If you need your diploma authenticated for use in a country that is not a member of the 1961 Hague Convention, you will need to work with the U.S. Department of State for an authentication certificate.