To become an exceptional partner in learning by providing functional, efficient and excellent facilities in support of the College of Wooster’s mission.
Facilities Operations is a service organization committed to providing our students, faculty, and staff with the highest quality facilities required to achieve the College’s goals and mission and ensure facility needs are effectively supported through professional planning, design, construction, operation, repair, and service.
- High Quality, Dependable Service
- Efficient Use of Resources
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Honesty and Integrity
- Excellent Communications
- Team Collaboration
Goal 1: Provide exemplary learning and research environments.
- Plan, design and contract interior and exterior space to support the College mission.
- Maintain the physical campus to provide a safe, clean, functional and welcoming environment.
- Develop and operate an infrastructure that is safe, reliable and cost effective.
- Provide maintenance and repairs in a minimally disruptive manner.
- Strategically plan and manage our campus facilities utilizing the 2019 Space Utilization Study and Facilities Condition Assessment as well as the 2020 Campus Master Plan.
- Engage an outside firm to independently evaluate our return on physical assets to provide the data, contextual understanding and strategic recommendations needed to steward our facilities most effectively.
Goal 2: Promote sustainability and energy conservation.
- Support sustainability through processes, policies, education, and collaboration.
- Promote recycling and the use of earth friendly products.
- Enhance and improve storm water mitigation for the campus.
- Assess opportunities to utilize alternative energy sources through a campus energy study.
- Analyze energy use in existing buildings.
Goal 3: Promote professional, reliable and accountable conduct.
- Treat students, faculty, staff and visitors respectfully.
- Provide high quality, responsive service to campus customers.
- Improve the quality and quantity of data to enhance user information and decision making.
- Review operational efficiencies to maximize the utilization of resources.
- Remain positive in conversation at all times.
Goal 4: Support a collaborative working and learning environment.
- Provide continuous process improvement through best practices.
- Define and prioritize core functions and processes consistent with available resources.
- Collaborate with College department and the Ohio 5.
- Provide work experiences for students to support their learning opportunities.
Goal 5: Improve staff development and recognition.
- Provide individualized staff training.
- Recognize and celebrate the unique contributions of each individual.
- Evaluate cross-training to determine gaps and solutions.
- Evaluate work processes and provide solutions to reduce staff injuries and lost time.