The Staff Committee is pleased to provide an opportunity for staff members to apply for funding to assist with enrichment opportunities.
This funding could be applied to individuals or groups. All staff are invited to apply for funding up to $600 to support activities such as off-campus seminars, workshops, retreats, etc. related to “staff development”.
Please be advised that this fund should be used as an opportunity to broaden your skill set, not fulfill a work requirement. If you are being asked to attend a conference or a class for your specific job, it is your department’s responsibility to fund such requests.
- A request for funds should be submitted in time for the Committee to return a decision in advance of the event or opportunity. Applications submitted after the event will not be considered.
- Your application should include items such as registration costs, mileage, airfare, rental car, and/or hotel expenses. Requests should NOT include items such as food, entertainment, or other ancillary items. The application form requests budget details including your requested amount from the Staff Development fund and amounts from other funding sources.
- The Committee will review requests individually.
- To apply, please complete our online form. This form is a Microsoft Form. You will be prompted to enter your College credentials.
- To fund the high volume of requests, each staff member may request funding no more than every other year.
The Committee’s decision on each request will be communicated to the applicant via email.
Staff members who are awarded funding:
- Should submit an expense form and receipts for reimbursement or request a transfer of funds for a department budget line. Please email Ben Valentine, Staff Committee treasurer.
- Following the event/conference/opportunity, are encouraged to send a brief summary or reflection of their experience to Staff Committee.