The Center for Diversity and Inclusion (CDI) collaborates with and financially supports many department, offices, and organizations across campus in efforts to promote a more welcoming campus climate.
Note: The CDI does not support research or development activities for individual faculty and/or staff members. Such requests should be directed to the Provost’s Office (faculty), Staff Committee or an individual department.
Submit Funding Requests Here after reviewing the below criteria. Funding Request Submission Form https://forms.office.com/r/MbZDFxrqQz
If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to the CDI by emailing email@example.com
Basic Criteria for Funding Requests
- You are submitting as a student, staff, faculty, or on behalf of a club/organization, athletic team or academic department?
- You are requesting funds for an event or activity that will promote the mission and vision of the CDI.
- Your event/activity is at least two weeks from today.
- You are requesting less than $501?
*Please note, meeting the criteria above does not guarantee approval or funds. Each request is decided on a case by case basis by a team of staff from all areas of the CDI.
Travel & Conferences
Please note: Funding proposals that include travel and conferences must either include student participants or the submitter (if not a student) must be able to articulate how their participation in this conference will enhance existing services for students on campus, and/or enhance support and educational opportunities for staff and faculty in accordance with the mission and the goals of the CDI.
Travel or conferences which will have student participants must include:
- The names of all students going on the trip/conference, with their phone numbers, emails, and student ID numbers.
- A financial contribution by all trip/conference participants of no less than $25 per person
- The name, location, and purpose of the conference/trip
- The name, address, and contact information for location where conference participants affiliated with the college will be staying during the trip/conference.
- All relevant information regarding travel plans. (Itinerary, flight schedules, etc…)
- Signed Release and Hold harmless agreements with emergency contact information for all conference participants (can be obtained from CDI)
- Identified Trip leader(s) who agree to go schedule an emergency notification protocol orientation meeting with a member of the CDI Staff prior to conference and/or travel
- A behavior contract signed by all participants of the conference/ trip.
The CDI will consider funding T-shirts, banners, and other promotional materials under the following conditions:
- In the case of an event or activity:
a. That this event/activity demonstrates significant participation by over 100 students and is an annual event.
b. That the organization, club, or department contributes at least %50 of the cost and commits to the activity or event occurring for at least three years after receiving funding.
c. The organization, club, or department has been active with this event/activity for at least the two years prior to submitting a proposal.
- In the case of an organization, or club:
a. That the organization or club has been active for at least two years prior to submitting a proposal.
b. That the organization/club boast a membership of at least 15 students, not counting officers.
c. That all members of the organization, or club contribute at least 50% of the cost identified in the proposal.
d. If approved for funding, the organization or club agrees not to request funds for the same purpose for two years after receiving funding.
Decisions on all requests will be made within 1-2 weeks following the deadline date.