International Visitor Information Form Instructions

This form should be filled out by resident and nonresident alien individuals who are temporary visitors at The College of Wooster.  It should not be used for payments associated with employment.

The information on this form is used to determine eligibility for payments and the U.S. tax withholding treatment for non-employee payments issued to you.

  •       Please answer all questions on the form; use N/A if the question is not applicable.
  •       Resident aliens should also fill out the College’s Substitute W-9 Form and nonresident aliens should complete a Form W-8BEN.

Visitors in F Status: Visitors in F status sponsored by other schools may not be paid by the College unless they have an EAD or have been approved for Curricular Practical Training at The College of Wooster.  Spouses may not work.

Visitors in J Status: Visitors in J status not sponsored by the College must obtain written permission from the International Office of the sponsoring institution before signing a contract to provide services for the College.

Visitors in H-1B, P, or O Status: Visitors in H-1B, P, or O status not sponsored by The College of Wooster may not receive payments for services (including honorariums) from The College of Wooster.  The College might be able to obtain their services through their approved employer.  Please contact the Financial Analyst before signing a contract.

Temporary Visitors in Other Status: Before signing a contract, please contact the Assistant Controller to determine whether the visitor may work for the College.

Permanent residents (green card holders): Permanent residents should complete a Substitute W-9 and provide a

copy of their green card.  The International Visitor Information Form is not required.

Required Documents

If you have the following status. . . . .Please attach copies of the following documents to this form.  These documents are used to verify your eligibility for payment and tax withholding status.
Permanent resident applicantEAD or a stamped passport with an I-551 stamp, Contract
Asylee, refugee, or TPSINS letter or I-94 or EAD showing status, Contract
B-1,B-2,WB,WT, ESTAPassport, Visa, I-94, Letter of Invitation, DSP 150
F-1 studentI-94, I-20, Visa, Passport; if OPT need an EAD, Contract
J-1 student or non-studentI-94, DS-2019/IAP-66 Certificate of Eligibility, Visa, Passport, Contract, letter from sponsoring institution authorizing reimbursement or payment if the visa was not sponsored by The College of Wooster.
J-2 spouseI-94, EAD, Visa, Passport, Contract

DS-2019/IAP-66:  Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status; copy all pages

DSP 150:  Nonimmigrant visa for citizens of Mexico; “Laser Visa”

EAD:  Employment Authorization Document; Work Permit; Form I-688A, I-688B, I-766; must be valid and unexpired

I-20:  Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student; copy all pages

I-94:  Arrival/Departure Record; this may be a paper document or may be accessed using a government website.  This document shows the non-immigrant status approved for the visitor.

OPT:  Optional Practical Training (F-1 status)

TPS:  Temporary Protected Status

Visa:  A visa is issued by the U.S. to indicate a person is eligible to apply for entry to the U.S. in a specified immigration category.  We want a copy of the page from the passport showing the most current stamp with the visa classification used to enter the U.S. 

Passport:  Copy all pages with identification and visa information; Canadian citizens without a passport must present something to prove citizenship and identity, such as a driver’s license and birth certificate or citizenship certificate

The form with attachments should be submitted to:

Lisa Crawford Business Office, Attn: Accounts Payable, The College of Wooster, 1101 N. Bever St., Wooster, OH  44691.

For questions please contact Accounts Payable Manager, Lisa Crawford: 330-263-2086 (phone) · 330-263-2334 (fax) ·