The Care Team is Wooster’s behavioral support team that provides coordinated support for the entire campus community: students, faculty and staff.
Care Team members are trained to help address concerns about stressful situations, behaviors, academic progress, and mental health.
The team gathers information from personal interactions with students, faculty, staff and family members, and from referrals submitted by members of the Wooster community.
The Care Team is Committed to:
- Demonstrate empathy and respect for individuals and use best practices to support community well-being and safety;
- Collaborate effectively across campus to promote the health and safety of all Wooster community members;
- Proactively identify, assess, and respond to problematic behaviors and potential risk;
- Help individuals thrive in all areas of their lives.
How to Refer Someone
Fill out the Care Team Referral form. A member of the team will review this information within 24 hours Monday – Friday.
Please note: This is not an emergency contact form.
If you believe someone may pose an immediate threat to the health and safety of themselves or others, call Campus Safety immediately at 330-263-2590 or 9-911.
When to Refer Someone
Refer someone if you notice:
- They express thoughts of suicide or other acts of self-harm.
- Their behavior reflects increased hopelessness or helplessness.
- They become increasingly isolated, unkempt, irritable, disconnected, or unable to care for themself.
- They remain distressed following attempts by you and others to help.
- They show aggressive or threatening behavior that poses a danger toward themselves or others.
- Their academic performance or social interaction deteriorates.
- Significant and marked changes in their behavior or mood.
Care Team Members
- Ashley Reid – Interim Associate Vice President of Student Affairs and Dean of Students (Chair)
- Amber Larson – Director of the Learning Center
- Kevin Cooper – Associate Director of Campus Safety
- Anne Ober – Interim Co-Director of Longbrake Student Wellness Center
- Jennifer Bowen – Dean for Curriculum and Academic Engagement
- LaToya Robertson – Director of Divisional Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Initiatives and Associate Dean of Students
- Melissa Chesanko – Director of Sexuality & Gender Inclusion and Associate Dean of Students
- Amy Franklin-Craft – Director of Student Rights & Responsibility and Deputy Title IX Coordinator
- John Reynolds – Director of Residence Life
- Lillian Evans – Director of Multicultural Student Affairs and Associate Dean of Students
- Jill Munro – Director of International Student Services and Assistant Dean of Students
The Care Team participates in certification courses facilitated by the National Behavioral Intervention Team Association, as well as ongoing trainings.