The Faculty Handbook gathers together essential information for members of the faculty. Chapter 1, The Statute of Instruction is a contract between the Faculty and Board of Trustees and explains the duties and rights of the Faculty as defined and adopted by the Board of Trustees after consultation with Faculty. The remaining Chapters serve primarily as a supplement to the College Catalogue and handbooks for students (The Scot’s Key), staff (available on the Human Resources wiki), and all employees of the College (The Handbook of Selected College Policies).
2021-2022 Faculty Handbook (searchable PDF)
Last updated: 9/10/2021
- Chapter 1: The Statute of Instruction (updated January 31, 2022 by CwT Chair Laura Sirot & DFD Christa Craven)
- Chapter 2: Teaching Responsibilities & Curriculum
- Chapter 3: Academic & Independent Study Advising
- Chapter 4: Selected Policies & Resolutions
- Chapter 5: Global Engagement & Off-Campus Study
- Chapter 6: College Libraries
- Chapter 7: Benefits, Support & Facilities Available to Faculty
- Chapter 8: Faculty Governance & Committees (updated March 8, 2022)
- Chapter 9: Faculty Evaluation & Reviews for Tenure & Promotion (updated January 2022)
- Chapter 10: Faculty Hiring, Leaves & Retirements
- Chapter 11: Resources for Organizing Campus Events
The Faculty Handbook is publicly available on the Academic Affairs “Inside” website and is updated annually: https://inside.wooster.edu/academic-affairs/resources/handbook/. Updates for future editions of the Faculty Handbook and any corrections to the current version should be submitted to the Dean for Faculty Development.