We are pleased that you are joining one of the nation’s best liberal arts colleges and a nationally recognized leader in mentored undergraduate research. We hope you are excited for you to be a part of the Wooster community Go Scots!
To introduce new CoW employees to the culture of the College of Wooster and set them up for success from their first day, all newly hired staff will attend an orientation. New employees will learn about the structure of the institution, important policies, CoW benefits, employee resources, etc.
On your first day we want you to feel welcomed and be prepared to start working as you begin to understand what it means to be a part of CoW and your team. Employees will receive training specific to their department operational processes.
Expect to be contacted by your supervisor or a human resource representative to:
- Confirm your start date and time, where and to whom to report on the first day; get information on what to bring the first day, parking and dress code.
- Discuss your technology needs and requirements.
- Confirm name for business cards, if appropriate.
- Identify any activities that may need to occur prior to your first day.
During your first week of employment the following is necessary:
- Verify that your new hire paperwork was successfully completed
- Verify Name & SSN Form
- Section 1 of your I-9 Form
- Employee Withholding Certificate (W-4)
- State of Ohio Tax Form (IT4)
- Direct Deposit Form
- College Property and Emergency Contact Form
- Veterans Form
- Ethnicity & Race Form
- Schedule your in-person verification to complete section two of you I9. Within the first three days, all new employees are required to go to the Office of Human Resources to complete their Form I9 employment verification.
- If applicable, verify you completed other pre-employment screening and/or testing.
- Review the Benefits Enrollment Information for new hires, and complete necessary documents.
- Meet with the Technology Services, if applicable
- Obtain a CoW identification card
- Determine who your assigned CoW Human Resources Business Partner is
Health, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Spending Accounts and Basic Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment benefits start on your date of hire.
Enrollment must be completed within 30 days of hire date to be eligible for the Special Enrollment period.
Please note: Benefits-eligible employees who enroll during their new hire period with a start date before the 15th of the month will be charged for first months’ premium on first paycheck, or there will be a catch-up cost on the first available paycheck.
[view new employee benefits enrollment information]
[view a breakdown of current benefits offered]
For technology assistance please select the link related to your new position at the College of Wooster:
Technology Services for New Faculty
– When you begin at the College of Wooster you will provide you with your email address, username, and initial password…
Technology Services for New Staff
– When you begin at the College of Wooster your supervisor will provide you with your email address, username, and initial password…
– Employee Handbook
– Faculty Handbook
– Equal Opportunity, Harassment, and Non-Discrimination Policy
– Non-Discrimination Policy
– The Handbook of Selected College Policies
– Flexible Work Arrangement (FWA) and Remote Work Policy
– Vacation Policy
[view additional college policies, procedures, & handbooks]