Frequently Asked Questions
Policies and Procedures
- Show all articles ( 11 ) Collapse Articles
Connecting to the Network
- Show all articles ( 23 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 32 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 9 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 8 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 2 ) Collapse Articles
Network, Cybersecurity, and Best Practices
Multi-Factor Identification (MFA)
College of Wooster Password
Phones and Conference calls
Resources for Retirees
Using the Self-Service Portal for Equipment Reservation
Online File Storage Options
Technology Services for New Faculty
Welcome to the College of Wooster. We look forward to working with you for the best technology experience possible. Below are some steps that will be followed to get you off to a great start.
Selecting your Device
- Tenure track faculty will be contacted prior to starting by Education Technology to choose a device from a short list of approved devices that will meet their teaching and research needs.
- Visiting faculty will be contacted prior to starting by technology services to express a platform choice. Platform choice cannot be guaranteed, but faculty member will be issued a device that will meet their needs.
Receiving your Credentials
When you begin at the College of Wooster you will provide you with your email address, username, and initial password.
All initial passwords must be changed as soon as possible. To change your password, go to mypassword.wooster.edu and login with your username and the provided temporary password. For more information on password setup visit this link.
***Set aside 10-15 minutes to complete this process. We recommend you set security questions and update your profile at the same time.
After your initial password setup you will change your password on your device while connected to the College of Wooster Network either directly or through the VPN.
*** For Mac – Go to System Preferences > Users & Groups > Change Password
*** For PC – Click Ctrl+Alt+Delete and Change Password
Getting your Device
Technology Services will contact you ahead of your start date to schedule an appointment for you to pick up your college assigned computer. The Microsoft Office suite will be installed on the device assigned to you and configured during your pickup appointment.
***This process can take up to an hour to complete
Setting up your voicemail on your office phone.
Setting Up Your Voicemail Box – Technology Documentation (wooster.edu)
Wooster uses Microsoft 365 and the Microsoft Office suite of applications. You can download the mobile application for easy use on your device and the desktop version for work. The desktop version will load with the download Microsoft 365 package offered through the College. The mobile application can be downloaded through the app store/google play store. Here is a link to documentation that can assist you on making your Outlook email your own.
While setting up Office 365 you may be prompted to setup your MFA, we strongly recommend using the Microsoft authenticator app and your cellphone number as a backup. Here is a link to help you through the process.
Virtual Private Network (VPN)
If you need to access materials from our network when you’re not physically on campus, then you may wish to set up VPN on your machine.
NOTE: VPN is intended to provide access to on campus resources from off campus. To that end, users cannot access VPN from on campus. In addition, you should disconnect from VPN as soon as you have finished accessing the information you need.
For more information on VPN and how to download it on to your device follow this link.
Accessing your Microsoft 365 account. If your computer is through Technology Services Microsoft 365 will be downloaded and ready for you to use with a simple login. If you are working from a personal computer in your home office you can download Microsoft 365 by going to this link, be sure to login using your Wooster credentials.
OneDrive is Microsoft’s service for hosting files in the “cloud” (much like GoogleDrive or Dropbox). As part of your Office 365 account provided by the college, OneDrive for Business lets you update and share your files from anywhere and work on Office documents with others at the same time. For more information on OneDrive check out this link.
Teams is an application available through the College of Wooster Microsoft 365 package. Microsoft Teams is a great platform for communication and inclusion.
- For more information please visit the following links:
- Teams Meetings (wooster.edu)
- Share Content Feature Available in Microsoft Teams Meeting (wooster.edu)
- Teams Information – Technology Documentation (wooster.edu)
- Using Teams in the Streaming Classrooms – Technology Documentation (wooster.edu)
- Getting to know Microsoft Teams – Technology Documentation (wooster.edu)
- Using Closed Captioning Within Teams – Technology Documentation (wooster.edu)
Technology Services and Educational Technology provide access and training for a wide variety of software types. If you don’t find what you need here or would like to request to have these applications installed on College-owned computers, call 330-287-HELP (4357) or email email@example.com.
The College also supports other software (web-based) available through our website on the Software page.