What’s in this Week’s Blog?
This week we are focusing on getting ready for the semester. Check out our topics:
- Housekeeping for End of Semester
- Tech Activities
- Moodle Tips
- What’s New in Microsoft Recap
- Educational Technology Support Videos
- Here for You
- Need Help?
Housekeeping for End of Semester
Technology@Wooster will be sharing some information with the campus over the next couple of weeks
Clean Up Teams
When the semester ends, you can clean up the number of Teams you see by hiding some of them. Follow these instructions for hiding a Team.
Multifactor Authentication Over the Summer
If you or your students know you or your students are going to be in a country where your cell phone dialing and service plan are not active, you will need to setup the mobile authenticator application with Wi-Fi. To find out more information about this, please see our post on Multifactor Authentication Over the Summer.
If you are looking for a Tech activity that you can use to unwind, check out ThisisSand to create your own sand art.
As the semester winds down, Technology@Wooster would just like to remind everyone about our Moodle Professional Development course. Our Moodle Professional Development course has a wonderful collection of resources that you might needs for using Moodle. Check out the resources in our Moodle Professional Development course.
What’s New in Microsoft Recap
Did you know that Microsoft is constantly rolling out features for Office 365? Here are some of the newest and upcoming features. (We do not have any control over when Microsoft releases updates.)
Want to know what the top updates to use in 2021? Well, look no further than Microsoft’s Mike Tholfsen’s video on 14 New Features for Teams Spring 2021 (some of these are still rolling out).
Features Rolling Out
- Meeting recap from Teams meetings
- Teams meeting: Live Transcription with Speaker Attribution in Teams Meeting
- New Teams Meeting Location
- Out of Office message in Teams
- Setting file permissions in Teams
- Generate a Meet Now link to share with others
Recent Video Tips to Check Out
Some recent tips videos to check out:
We will continue to add to our updates on our Microsoft Updates post.
Want to suggest something to Microsoft for an improvement? You can via their UserVoice platform. Here are a few to check out:
Educational Technology Support Videos
Did you know that Educational Technology has support videos? Check out our Ed Tech Support Videos today.
Here for You
Educational Technology and Technology Services is still working hard to bring you new updates, resources, and more! Follow this blog and social media accounts to be sure to stay up to date with the latest information.
- Educational Technology Professional Staff Members: available 8:30AM-5PM, M-F via email and virtual bookings.
- Help Desk Support from 8:30AM-5PM, M-F, 330-287-4357 (xHELP) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also book a virtual appointment with Technology Services.