Table of Contents
- Moodle Tips
- Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Upcoming Workshops
- Need Help on a Digital Project
- What’s New in Microsoft 365?
- Educational Technology Support Videos
- Here for You
Just a reminder that Educational Technology maintains and updates the Moodle Professional Development course. It is the best place to find information on everything Moodle.
Cybersecurity Awareness Month
It’s still Cybersecurity Awareness Month which means there are plenty of ways for you to still be cyber smart. Check out our articles on Cybersecurity Awareness: How to Be Cyber Smart and Shoring Up Phishing Defenses.
Our Student Digital Media Assistants are offering three workshops open to students, faculty, and staff. Details and registration are available on our Events page.
- Making Videos with iMovie Wednesday, November 3 @6PM
- GitHub pages Thursday, November 11 @6PM
Need Help on a Digital Project
If you are looking for help on a project (podcasts, videos, posters and more), basic help on Microsoft 365 and Moodle, stop by the Digital Media Bar in Andrews library to get help.
We are encouraging students and others to book appointments to improve service and reduce wait times. We anticipate having a full schedule of hours and our bookings available by next week.
What’s New in Microsoft 365?
Features Rolling Out
Microsoft is rolling out new features for M365. For this post we are concentrating on some of the new features rolling out and available in Teams. You can view the information on these new features via our Microsoft Updates post.
- Group Assignment (available now)
- Return Assignment for Revision (available now)
- Filter Assignments by class (rolling out)
- Chat Bubbles (available now)
- Spotlight multiple users during class or a meeting
- Annotate, use a virtual laser pointer, and show personal translated slides in PowerPoint Live (available now)
- Record Meetings Automatically option (available now)
- Add assignments to Office 365 calendar (available now)
- Create and edit a quiz directly from an assignment (available now)
- Multiple Choice Quiz option for Microsoft Forms Poll in Teams Meetings (available now)
Recent Tutorial Videos
- 8 New Features in Teams including Group Assignments
- Top 15 Features in Teams for the Summer including Laser Pointer
- Forms and Quick Polls Updates for Teams
Educational Technology Support Videos
Did you know that Educational Technology has support videos? Check out our Ed Tech Support Videos today.
Here for You
Educational Technology and Technology Services is still working hard to bring you new updates, resources, and more! Follow this blog and social media accounts to be sure to stay up to date with the latest information.
- Educational Technology Professional Staff Members: available 8:30AM-5PM, M-F via email and virtual bookings.
- Help Desk Support from 8:30AM-5PM, M-F, 330-287-4357 (xHELP) or email email@example.com. You can also book a virtual appointment with Technology Services.