The COW card (issued by Campus Access, located in Campus Safety) is an official student ID card and can ONLY be used by the holder. It is not appropriate to loan or borrow a COW card for any reason, as this would be a falsification of identity and a violation of the Code of Social Responsibility.
State of Ohio ID Card
The Ohio State ID card establishes the fact that you live in Ohio. It is considered a valid photo ID so you don’t have to carry your passport everywhere. We recommend obtaining a state ID card at your earliest convenience.
To obtain a state ID card, take the items listed below to the Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV):
- Valid passport
- US visa
- Print-out of Form I-94
- Form I-20
- Proof of Residence
- Social Security Card (if you have one, a SSN is not required to apply.)
- $13 cash (Extra fee of $1.75 for credit/debit.)\
- For more information on acceptable documents, please visit the BMV website.
Here is the information for the Wooster BMV:
- Location: 200 Vanover Street, Suite 3
- Phone: 330-287-5640
- Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm; Thursday from 8:00am-6:00pm; Saturday from 8:00am-12:30pm
See below for some important information to know before going to apply for a state ID:
- Height in feet and inches
- Weight in pounds
- Write your birthdate with the month first (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Address here at The College (without your box number)
- Let them know you are an international student here on an F-1 visa
- Note: Be sure to write your name exactly as it appears on your passport. As a student at The College of Wooster, you may consider yourself a resident of Ohio.