Non-Resident Taxes FAQ

IRS Helpline: 215-516-2000.

How can I get copies of a previously-filed tax return?

Use Form 4506  to place your request or call 1-800-829-1040 to request a printout of the figures from your previous returns.

What if I did not receive my tax refund?

File to claim your tax refund using Form 3911 .

I didn’t file my taxes one year. How can I “Back File”?

You can get copies of old forms for previous tax years at 1-800-TAX-FORM.

Can I claim a tax treaty benefit?

It is your responsibility to understand the details, limitations, obligations, etc. of any treaty benefits that you choose to claim.

IRS Publication 519  includes a table of tax treaty countries.

IRS Publication 901  includes a list of treaty benefits by country.

Material on this website is general and for informational purposes only. It does not constitute or replace professional legal advice, and you should not rely on it solely when making decisions about your immigration status or reporting requirements.