Design a résumé using Figma
A résumé is a vital asset in any career maker’s professional pursuit. A well-designed resume template, moreover, will be advantageous in scoring an internship/position in the industry among many competitors. With Figma – a free browser app widely used for digital interface prototyping – this workshop will guide you through customizing your own creative résumé.
- The workshop is opened to any levels, especially beginners.
- Please bring your laptop and your current résumé (if you have one).
Attendees will learn the basics of drafting a resume with a visual design of choice
using Figma software.
By the end of this session, attendees will:
- See the application of Figma in the design industry
- Learn how to navigate Figma
- Have a basic understanding of resume design principles
- Create and export a primitive resume template
- Learn about resources to work with Figma in the future
- Welcome & introduction
- Download + Install Figma at https://www.figma.com/downloads/
- An overview of Figma software: benefits, applications
- Some design principle of a résumé
- Demo design:
- Create a design file, select and organize frame (Offer a template)
- Using texts feature, font preview plugin
- Adding graphic elements
- Creating reusable components
- Background customization
- Export frame
- Additional resources + questions