Just a reminder that Educational Technology maintains and updates the Moodle Professional Development course. It is the best place to find information on everything Moodle.
Educational Technology will be hosting some workshops for faculty, staff, and students about using Microsoft Word for formatting documents. Please see the links below for more information. Registration is optional but highly encouraged.
- Got Word? Style Up!
- A workshop for faculty and staff on how to get the most out of Microsoft Word for streamlining your document formatting and styling process
- Tuesday, October 12th @11 AM
- I.S. Formatting
Cybersecurity Awareness Month
Looking for documentation from Technology@Wooster? Our documentation has moved to Inside Wooster. Please see Technology Documentation for information ranging from how to print on campus to how to connecting to the network.
Infobase Learning Cloud
Faculty, staff, and students have on-demand access to training courses through our partnership with Infobase Learning Cloud. Offered as short, video tutorials, Infobase provides content on technology training (Office 365, Adobe, Moodle, etc.), research paper writing, career planning, and much more.
For more information on what Infobase Learning Cloud can offer you or your students, visit our Infobase post on Technology@Wooster.
Faculty: you can use the external tool link to add Infobase content directly to your Moodle course. See our Using the Infobase external tool page in our Moodle Professional Development course for details.
What’s New in Microsoft 365?
Features Rolling Out
Microsoft is rolling out new features for M365. For this post we are concentrating on some of the new features rolling out and available in Teams. You can view the information on these new features via our Microsoft Updates post.
Please be aware the following items are currently in Public Preview. This means that they are in developer mode and Microsoft will continue to make updates until they are rolled out fully.
- Major Whiteboard updates with the all-new Whiteboard
- Reply to specific Chat messages for Desktop
- Breakout Rooms updates – Pre-create rooms easy room assignment, others
- Breakout Rooms co-presenters and owners
- Background in Teams for web
View the video from Microsoft Product Manager, Mike Tholfsen about these updates.
Educational Technology Support Videos
Did you know that Educational Technology has support videos? Check out our Ed Tech Support Videos today.
Here for You
Educational Technology and Technology Services is still working hard to bring you new updates, resources, and more! Follow this blog and social media accounts to be sure to stay up to date with the latest information.
- Educational Technology Professional Staff Members: available 8:30AM-5PM, M-F via email and virtual bookings.
- Help Desk Support from 8:30AM-5PM, M-F, 330-287-4357 (xHELP) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also book a virtual appointment with Technology Services.