iMovie is a Mac based video editing software, aimed at entry-level and for the amateur consumer. It provides all the basic features in a clean, easy interface. The latest version of iMovie is 10.1.15. This version of iMovie has more options to share a movie, more movie and trailer theme options from iMovie for iOS, easier to make picture-in-pictures, cutaways, side-by-sides etc., more realistic green-screen effects and easier refinements.
- Educational Technology hosted a 45-minute workshop on using iMovie video editing software available on Mac OS. Watch the recording in Stream.
- iMovie interface
- Media > Photos and iMovie Libraries
- Browser, Timeline, Viewer
- iMovie file structure and backup (iMovie Library on external drive or multiple libraries)
- Importing video clips
- Create a new Project
- Add images
- Edit images (crop and adjust the Ken Burns Effect)
- Add transitions
- Add titles
- Enhance clips
- Crop, rotate, and modify clips
- Stabilize a shaky clip
- Slow down and speed up clips
- Instant replay
Educational Technology’s iMovie handout (Word doc in SharePoint)
Some video tutorials are from Most of the features and interface behave the same as version 10.1.1, though they are not identical. Login and use your College credentials.
iMovie Workshop Video Example
Wooster in Autumn in Microsoft Stream
iMovie Workshop Resource Files
Example Storyboard Wooster in Autumn
Download workshop files including audio, images, and video