How to Check Out of Campus Housing
- Attend hall meeting regarding closing information.
- Schedule a time with your Resident Assistant 24-hours in advance of when you want to leave to complete the Checkout process.
- During the scheduled Check Out time, you will walk through your Room Condition Report together to document any differences between the state of the room at check in and check out.
- Failure to check out properly can result in the inability to appeal damage charges after checkout.
- Return hard keys. If you live in a place that has hard keys please return those to Campus Access in Culbertson/Slater Complex (602 East Wayne Ave. Wooster, OH 44691). Please remember that the key replacement charge is approximately $150 per key.
- NOTICE: Students who stay past the posted time of move-out may be assessed a $100 late check-out fee.
- Remove all items from the room.
- Remove all personal belongings from common areas.
- CLEAN—the room/house must be in the condition it was at moved in.
– Wipe off desks, dressers, tables, countertops, and vanities.
– Empty and wipe out all drawers.
– Empty all trash cans and recycling bins.
– Take all trash and place in the dumpster located closest to your Residence Hall or House. Please see the grid below for dumpster locations. Place all recycling in the appropriate bins.
– Remove all posters, tape, and decorations, including anything on windows.
- Un-bunk or un-loft beds and un-stack all furniture. If you have an adjustable bed, the top hook of the bed frame should be set on the 5th rung from the bottom. Beds that are left un-lofted will be subject to a $25 charge. If you need assistance, contact a Residence Life staff member.
- DO NOT repair any damages to College property—this must be done by the Service Center staff.
- Resolve any damage issues between roommates. Unless an individual accepts responsibility in writing on the check-out form or is found responsible via a judicial hearing, all persons in the living environment will be held responsible. Individuals can claim responsibility for damages by emailing Residence Life from their wooster.edu email.
- Check out – see checkout information below.
- Turn in your assigned hard key(s) to Campus Access in Culbertson-Slater Complex (COW Cards DO NOT need to be turned in). If a student does not return their key, they will be charged $150 to replace both the key(s) for that lock and the core.
24-Hour Quiet Hours begin on Fri., May 6 at 7 p.m. and are in effect until Fri., May 13 at 10 a.m. while students are studying for and taking final exams. Be considerate of your neighbors during this time. Be especially mindful of noise created by disassembling bunked/lofted beds, as well as packing and moving belongings. If you have a problem with noisy neighbors, do not hesitate to contact a Residential Living staff member for assistance.
This very popular program allows you to donate items to Goodwill at the end of the Spring Semester. Donation bins will be located near each community to deposit gently used clothing, appliances, furniture. Please deposit clean, gently used clothes and household items in designated areas near your community.
Trash & Recycling
Trash & recycling should be taken out of your space before checking out. All items should be placed inside (not next to) recycling bins or trash dumpsters. Thank you for cleaning out the recycling bins provided to you by Housing and returning them to your space.
Take your bicycle home! Abandoned bikes will be impounded and recycled 2 weeks from the date they are deemed abandoned.
Campus Safety requires you to have an active pass on your vehicle during the academic year. Please note that you must have your car registered to be on campus over winter break. While parking lots are monitored, the College of Wooster is not liable for damaged items as a result of leaving a vehicle over break. Be sure to lock your vehicle; no valuables should be left inside, visible or hidden.
The College of Wooster Post Office will provide USPS mail forwarding as a courtesy for all first class domestic mail. First class USPS mail, presorted first class mail and periodicals are forward-able. All packages from non-USPS carriers are refused if a student is not on campus. Please email email@example.com if you would like your mail forwarded.
- Consider carpooling to the airport or using other forms of sustainable travel.
- Do you have items that you no longer need or want, but that are in good condition? Please drop off any donation items at local Goodwill.
Transportation to Airport
Quality Shuttle Services
Call for current rates to: Cleveland and Akron/Canton Airports
All major credit cards accepted
Wooster Hospitality Transit
Wooster Express (local)
Call for current rates; Discount for CoW students
Miller Cab (local)
Call for current rates to: Cleveland Airport, Akron/Canton Airport
First Class Limos, Inc.
Phone: 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667)
Call for current rates to: Cleveland, Akron, Columbus
Baron’s Bus Lines
Phone: 888-378-3823 or 216-337-7047
Call for current rates. CASH ONLY
Fall Semester Closing
More information about Fall Semester 2022 Closing will be available in November 2022.
Requirements for Winter Break Closing
- Remove items from floor(s).
- Clean and vacuum/sweep their entire room/house/apartment.
- Clean dishes, etc. (dirty items should not be left in sinks).
- Remove personal items from common areas and bathrooms. Items left in these spaces may be disposed of over break.
- Clean out refrigerator/freezer items that could go bad over break.
- Remove all trash and recycling to designated areas.
- Unplug all electronic devices (except fridges).
- Please take home pets, food, chargers, and any important documents needed for travel.
- If your thermostat is adjustable, please set to 65° F.
- Lock windows, close blinds, turn off all lights.
- Close and lock door on the way out.
Wooster Facilities and Residence Life staff will enter your room/house/apartment over the break period to complete inspections. Inspections are for the purpose of assessing the current condition of the space and/or to ensure that checkout instructions were followed for the break period.
If you have questions about Winter Break closing, please call (330-263-2296) or email the Residence Life Office. Good luck on your final exams!