Faculty, join us for workshops! See our August Ed Tech Workshops post.
- Moodle courses that have been made visible by your instructor display under “My courses.” See image below for details.
- To tidy your list of Teams, you can hide Teams you are not actively using
- If your class is meeting via Teams, learn how to join a meeting in a Teams Channel
- Need help with a media project? Digital Media Assistants are available in the Library. You can schedule an appointment with them for an in-person or Teams meeting.
Are you teaching in a new space this semester? See our post on In-person Classes to familiarize yourself with equipment. In-room consultation appointments are available.
- Review the content in the announcement courses now available in Moodle.
- Review the Ready to Launch Your Course checklist.
- Your Moodle courses are displayed under “My courses.” See image below for details.
- Make your Moodle course(s) visible (when ready) for students.
- Enroll in the Moodle Professional Development Course (hosted in the Training instance of Moodle) and explore features you are thinking of using.
- Get the basics for Moodle from our Moodle Basics Handout.
- Try “Bookings with me” to create bookable appointments such as office hours.
- Please note that ‘Bookings with me’ is NOT the same as Microsoft Bookings.
- ‘Bookings with me’ works only with your personal calendar, while Microsoft Bookings is designed for a team or department.
- ‘Bookings with me’ is a web-based personal scheduling page that integrates with the free/busy information from your Outlook calendar to allow people to schedule a meeting or appointment with you. You can create custom meeting types. You both get an email confirmation, and attendees can update or cancel scheduled meetings with you.
- Or if you already have “Microsoft Bookings” setup, continue to use Microsoft Bookings to create appointment offerings for students to book appointments such as office hours.
- Review the Ready Your Class Team checklist
- Recorded Teams meetings are now stored in OneDrive or SharePoint (they are no longer stored in Stream).
- The recording will appear in the chat after the meeting.
- Channel meeting recordings are stored in the Team’s SharePoint.
- Standard calendar meeting recordings are stored in the OneDrive of the person who recorded.
- If you schedule meetings to your Team’s channel, add a channel calendar to your Class Teams so everyone can see when channel meetings are scheduled.
- Read our information on Teams: Microsoft Teams, Teams Meetings, Class Teams.
- Watch our support videos.
If you are NOT using your Class Team, see our suggestions for clarifying in the image below.
- Team members can hide Teams they are not actively using, but only for themselves.
- Owners can’t hide a team from members.
If you are NOT using the Team, you can change the Team name.
To communicate with students, consider:
- Adding an Announcement to the General Post
- @mention the Team name (sends an alert to all members)
- Link to your Moodle course or a different Team you may be using
- Invite students to Hide the team.